The Lake George summer momentum continues all through August 2015 with special events, concerts, and festivals in Lake George perfect for the entire family! Antigua Resort on Plum Point is beautifully established on the exclusive East Shore of Lake George, where quiet peacefulness is welcome after an eventful day exploring the Adirondacks or taking advantage of this quintessential lake town’s bustling fun.
There are so many things to do in Lake George! August 2015 events include (but are not limited to!):
- Every Wednesday Night: The Lake George Arts Project’s Summer Concert Series on Wednesday evenings, 7:30 PM at Shepard’s Park in Lake George, NY. Rain or shine.
- Every Thursday Night: Fabulous Fireworks at Shepard’s Park at 9:30pm. Head to Lake George Village at dusk for an impressive display. Free.
- 4 on 4 Beach Volleyball Tournament, August 1 & 2: Held at the Million Dollar Beach in Lake George, players come from all over the northeast and compete for cash prizes and awards at this annual tournament. This event benefits the Prospect Center, which improves the lives of individuals with disabilities.
- The Queen of the Lakes Music Festival, August 8 & 9: Located at Charles R. Wood Park in Lake George, two days of great music, beer and wine, food, kid’s activities, fireworks, and more to benefit S.A.V.E. the Lake!
- British Music Invasion & Strand Theater Fundraiser, August 15 & 16: This family-friendly music festival is held at the Festival Commons at Charles R. Wood Park from 2pm-11pm in Lake George to raise money for the Strand Theater revival in Hudson Falls.
- Lake George Music Festival, August 17-27: This well-known event includes thrilling performances by outstanding classical musicians presenting live chamber music and orchestra concerts.
- 42nd Annual Lake George Rendezvous Antique & Classic Boat Show, August 22: Come out between 10am-6pm to the Lake George Village Docks at the waterfront for an impressive congregation of some of the coolest boats around! Fun for the whole family…
- Arlo Guthrie LIVE at Charles R. Wood Park, August 23: Gates open at noon for Arlo Guthrie’s Alice’s Restaurant 50th Anniversary Tour! Tickets are $50.
These are just some of the fun August events in Lake George this summer. There are also plenty of activities in and around the village for your daily amusement including: Six Flags Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom, parasailing, lazy river tubing, mini golf, Lake George Steamboat Company cruises, and so much more! At Antigua Resort in Lake George NY, we want you to have a memorable vacation, so feel free to call or email us about upcoming events, activities, or other fun things to do.
Come spend August’s Dog Days of Summer with us at Antigua Resort on Lake George for the ultimate “old-fashioned family vacation on the lake feeling.” On our gorgeous lakefront property, we have canoes, fishing, campfires and peaceful relaxation! Just a short drive around to the other side of the lake will take you to Lake George Village, where you’ll find the proverbial smells of cotton candy and popcorn, and the familiar dinging of arcade games. There are many wonderful restaurants in Lake George – several are waterfront – and there is an enthusiastic nightlife with several pubs and clubs with live entertainment.
Come vacation in Lake George in August at Antigua Resort on Plum Point and see why families come back year after year to spend their Adirondack summer vacation with us. Browse our Photo Gallery! Antigua Resort is an East Shore Lake George resort with boat docking available for our guests. Check availability, request your reservation online, or call (518) 668-2556 today!