Here you go…the top 10 reasons why Antigua Resort is your #1 summer vacation destination in Upstate NY! Have some reasons of your own? Let us know!
1. We are located on the exclusive, “quiet side of Lake George!” Lake George NY is the epitome of summer vacation fun, right down to the flashing lights and noises of the arcades that line the streets and the familiar smell of popcorn and cotton candy that infuse the air! Antigua Resort on Plum Point, however, is on the opposite side of the lake, offering a breath of fresh air from all of the commotion. After a full day of exploring the Adirondacks or Lake George activities, you will be ready to relax by a warm campfire or sink into a Jacuzzi as you watch the sun set over the lake.
2. We are a perfect Lake George family vacation destination, romantic escape, or super-fun group retreat! Families come back and stay with us year after year, and our private and historic location is perfect for romantic holidays, reunions, corporate retreats, and other small groups. Our abundant supply of activities ensures fun for guests of all ages! Fishing from our private dock; swimming at our private beach; a bottle of wine and a Jacuzzi; and our rowboats and canoes at your disposal are just a few of the things you can count on experiencing at Antigua Lake George summer vacation resort.
3. So close but a world away! Antigua Resort offers the perfect summer vacation in Upstate NY, a short drive from New York City, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Canada!
- Only 1 hour from Albany NY!
- Just under 3 hours from Montreal
- 3 hours from Westchester
- Less than 4 hours from New York City
- 3.5 hours from Boston
- 4 hours from Trenton NJ
- Less than 5 hours from Philadelphia
4. We are just minutes from exciting downtown Lake George! A lot happens in downtown Lake George during the spring and summer. Live music nightly, Thursday night fireworks, excellent restaurants serving all types of cuisines, eclectic shops, a large beach and boardwalk, and various festivals are just minutes away from our quiet location. So live it up all day long (and night if you prefer!) on Lake George’s hoppin’ West Side, and then return to us in the evening for a relaxing end to your day.
5. Our great specials! You must book with us soon for an opportunity to take advantage of our amazing specials! Click here to find out how you can get a free night’s stay with our Lake George vacation specials. Check availability, request your reservation online or call (518) 668-2556 today to book!
6. We are just a hop, skip, and jump from numerous Lake George attractions! How about we just list some of the countless opportunities for mega fun in and around Lake George NY: Six Flags Great Escape; Waterslide World; tubing the many rivers in our area or scuba diving in our historic lake; mini-golfing and breathtaking cruises aboard one of the vessels owned by the Lake George Steamboat Company; Glen Drive-In Theatre; and the House of Frankenstein Wax Museum (oooh!). Live entertainment is nightly and the downtown Lake George fireworks display on Thursday nights could rival some 4th of July celebrations!
7. Our close proximity to magnificent Adirondack Mountains! A vacation in Lake George NY wouldn’t be complete without hiking one of the majestic peaks of the Adirondack Mountains. Lake George is located at the foothills of these marvels of nature and whether you are an accomplished outdoors person or a novice looking for an easy trek that will allow the family an opportunity to enjoy nature and its fresh air, there’s a hike perfect for you! Let us know when you arrive that you’d like to explore the Adirondacks and we can help you plan an appropriate hike.
8. We ARE that old-fashioned family summer fun at the lake! Some things never change! Before television, internet, iPods, PlayStations, or cell phones, summer fun was fishing from a dock; s’mores, guitars, and stories by campfire; swimming out to docks; games like ping pong and horseshoes; canoeing and skipping stones. And guess what? It turns out that everyone still loves to do that stuff!
9. We are friendly, family-owned, and want you to come back and see us summer after summer! Just read our guest reviews and see just how much people love to rekindle the simple pleasures here at Antigua Resort on Plum Point year after year. This has been the perfect Lake George summer vacation for kids and grownups since the 1940’s and for decades, the Brown family has been welcoming families, couples, and friends, helping to make their Adirondack vacation one they will remember forever.
10. Our pleasant and comfortable lakeside accommodations. Our exclusive Lake George East Shore accommodations include Lakeside Suites, Bayside Suites, Main Lodge Suites & Accommodations, and an exclusive 2-Bedroom Boathouse rental. All units include a fully equipped kitchen with pans, utensils, toasters, coffeepots, and microwaves. Units also include linens, towels, A/C, DVD players, Cable TV, and WiFi. All of our units have access to a new gas grill pavilion and we also offer free ice for your coolers and a compressor to inflate your floats!
Check availability online and call 518-668-2556 for more information on our Lake George accommodations, or to make a personal reservation today.